About FPRA – Gainesville
Founded in 1938, the Florida Public Relations Association is the nation’s oldest association of public relations professionals. Today, more than 1,400 FPRA members unite in the common cause of enhancing and promoting the public relations profession. FPRA provides a variety of services, benefits and opportunities. It is dedicated to programs and activities that support the success of the public relations professional:
- Enhancing the professional development of its members
- Providing a forum for personal growth through interaction and resource exchange
- Serving as the “united voice” of the public relations profession in Florida
- Fostering the highest professional standards and ethics of its members
- Gaining understanding and support for the performance of its members and the profession as a whole on behalf of all practitioners within the state of Florida.
FPRA Gainesville History
FPRA Gainesville was established in 1968, and today boasts one of the largest chapter memberships in the state. FPRA Gainesville has been awarded Chapter of the Year seven times: 1995, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2010, 2012 and 2015!