The Gainesville Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) is now accepting proposals from local non-profit organizations seeking to improve their strategies to attract donors during the Community Foundation of North Central Florida’s Amazing Give 2021 campaign. Through this effort, FPRA Gainesville will work with the chosen organization to counsel and provide public relations tools and strategies with a goal of increasing the fundraising success of the selected organization during the event.
The deadline to submit your application is March 7, 2021. If you have questions about the application or the program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evaluation and Selection
Organizations that apply must be able to show the following:
- Previous participation in The Amazing Give fundraising day
- Availability of at least one staff person to implement the campaign provided by FPRA Gainesville.
The not-for-profit client will be selected after a review and discussion of each application followed by a vote from the Board of Directors, with input from the Community Foundation of North Central Florida.
Scope of Partnership
Once the client is selected, the committee will begin working with the client to understand its fundraising goals and needs to develop a campaign for the Amazing Give. This campaign will include strategies and tactics, which may include social media posts, email drafts to donors and stakeholders, a “day of” plan for the Amazing Give and general oversight of campaign progress.
In order to adequately assist the chosen organization, a representative from the chosen organization will need to meet with the Community Relations Committee at least twice before the campaign begins. Also, the representative and contact person should be reasonably available to the committee for questions and other inquiries.
Guidelines of Partnership
- Please ensure that FPRA Gainesville has one person from your organization as our point of contact, as it makes more efficient use of both organizations’ time.
- As the committee will be collaborating outside of their professional career to donate time and expertise, it is important that all projects undertaken by FPRA Gainesville are either used or highly considered.
- Pro bono projects must be solely worked on by FPRA Gainesville and the partnering organization. Please do not request our assistance if another group is currently donating its services, including student groups.
- Pro bono projects should not be subject to numerous committees, revisions and changes.
Florida Public Relations Association and the Gainesville Chapter
Founded in 1938, FPRA is the nation’s oldest association of public relations professionals. Today, more than 1,400 FPRA members unite in the common cause of enhancing and promoting the public relations profession. FPRA provides a variety of services, benefits and opportunities. It is dedicated to programs and activities that support the success of the public relations professional:
- Enhancing the professional development of its members, providing a forum for personal growth through interaction and resource exchange
- Serving as the “united voice” of the public relations profession in Florida
- Fostering the highest professional standards and ethics of its members
- Gaining understanding and support for the performance of its members and the profession as a whole on behalf of all practitioners within the state of Florida.
FPRA Gainesville was established in 1968 and today boasts one of the largest chapter memberships in the state. FPRA Gainesville was Chapter of the Year in 1995, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2010 and 2012.