A list of full-time and internship positions available for PR professionals and students is below.
Help out your fellow PR professionals and students! If you know of a public relations-related opening, please send the position description, contact information and web link OR the contact info for the recruiting organization to Stephanie Esposito, CSEP at stephanie_brod@MBHCI.org.
FLORIDA FARM BUREAU FEDERATION
Digital Media Coordinator
Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to write clear prose, excellent computer skills, a mastery of desktop publishing software and a sound understanding of contemporary news media. The employee must also be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment. The Digital Media Coordinator reports to the Director of Public Relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and posts items daily to Florida Farm Bureau Federation’s social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and YouTube
- Coordinates FFBF’s social media platform schedules and provides monthly metrics
- Assists in the development of branded emails and templates for company-wide email platforms and conference/meeting electronic forms.
- Updates and maintains the Florida Farm Bureau main website and the FloridAgriculture website
- Develops and edits podcasts
- Monitors innovations in electronic communications and reports on these developments to the Public Relations Division
- Serves as a staff photographer
- Serves as a staff videographer
- Prepares original articles for the FFBF website, e-newsletter and other media produced or managed by the Public Relations Division
- Assists the Director of Public Relations in the preparation of plans for website development, Farm Bureau event promotions and other division projects
- Provides research assistance on assigned topics
- Assists in proofreading items for the Public Relations Division
- Serves as the office A/V equipment operator at various FFBF meetings
- Performs other duties, as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree (major study in journalism, public relations or related discipline preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to use WordPress
- Proven ability to use Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially InDesign desktop publishing software for the layout and design of original documents, along with Illustrator and Photoshop
- Ability to write clear prose for publication
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- A working knowledge of emerging media
- A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
Must be able to travel within the state or elsewhere.
Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in writing letters, news articles and press releases must be demonstrated with completed work. Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation.
Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit applications to: HR_PublicRelations@ffbic.com
University of Florida Communications Positions
Visit http://jobs.ufl.edu and enter keywords or department to find a complete job description and application information for any open communication-related positions.