A list of full-time and internship positions available for PR professionals and students is below.
Help out your fellow PR professionals and students! If you know of a public relations-related opening, please send the position description, contact information and web link OR the contact info for the recruiting organization to Rachael Smith.
Graphic Designer, Florida Farm Bureau
Location: Gainesville, FL
Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses excellent computer skills, with a mastery of desktop publishing software. The position requires exceptional skill with the Adobe Creative Suite tools of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator. In addition to a sound understanding of contemporary news and communications media, the employee must be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment. The Graphic Designer reports to the Communications Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the lead consultant and designer for various platforms, publications and projects issued by the Public Relations Division as well as all other Florida Farm Bureau divisions
- Develops brochures, designs for event themes, signs, annual reports and advertisements
- Prepares brief notes, infographics and photographs for use on various FFBF communications platforms
- Creates layout designs for county Farm Bureau publications and platforms
- Follows excellent professional practices in developing all materials
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in selecting new communication tools as they become available
- Serves as a staff photographer
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- A bachelor’s or associates degree in graphic design or a related discipline
- Ability to use creativity and artistic eye to design and develop materials
- Ability to use the tools of Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent ability to use the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Superior interpersonal relationship skills
- A working knowledge of emerging media
- A willingness to build upon existing skills and develop new ones in the position
- Proficiency with video editing software such as Premier Pro
- A basic knowledge of Florida agriculture
- Previous work experience as a graphic designer
Must be able to travel for business purposes.
Must be able to read and interpret documents. Proficiency in crafting reliable summaries of information on electronic platforms must be demonstrated with completed work.
- Must be able to make presentations before both professional and non-professional audiences.
Must have a knowledge of basic mathematical concepts and be able to apply them in various tasks of calculation and computation
Must be able to solve practical problems and operate with a number of variables in situations that are not determined by standard, repetitive arrangements. Must possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical actions expressly stated or implied above are representative of the kinds of demands that must be met by the employee to perform in this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made so that individuals with disabilities may be enabled to carry out the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools and controls and see, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl. The employee must use a computer keyboard and view a screen.
The employee must frequently lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision requirements required by this job include close-up vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Click here to apply.
Community Engagement Coordinator, Meridian
Location: Gainesville, FL
Pay Range: $50,000 – 68,000
This position is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across Meridian’s service area. This position provides leadership by engaging stakeholders in dialogues that inform and further the strategic mission of Meridian by raising awareness and access to Meridian’s services and initiatives. This position will identifying gaps in the continuum of services and match Meridian to those gaps by making recommendations to leadership about the identified need and potential funding sources that will assist in meeting community needs.
Serves as a community organizer for speaking engagements and connecting, key partners, and developing relationships with providers through various communication channels.
Maintains and develops key relationships that result in increased revenue, referrals, and utilization of Meridian’s Healthy Business Solutions. Relationships will include but not limited to:
External: Community Coalitions throughout the service area, key partners, area providers, volunteers, partners, funders, faith-based organizations, school system, civic and social advocacy organizations; Mental Health and substance use disorders affinity groups, and private practice doctor’s offices.
Internal: Programs throughout Meridian, Advancement, Marketing and Communications, leadership, and other teams as necessary.
This position is responsible for making public presentation, developing those presentations and delivering them in an engaging way.
This position reports to the SVP of Marketing, Communications, and Advancement, working as a team to set goals, plan, and implement community efforts. The work requires considerable management, financial, and business expertise. The work requires the use of independent judgment and initiative in carrying out duties and responsibilities; while under the supervision of the SVP of Marketing, Communications, and Advancement, work is primarily done independently.
Master’s degree in heath education, psychology, social work, public policy, marketing, or related field preferred. Bachelor’s degree with 4 years’ experience required.
Minimum three (3) years successful experience with healthcare, preferable mental health preferred. Previous experience in a clinical role a plus.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Longtime community member
- Pre-existing contacts in the community
- Ability to speak competently and confidently about of mental health
- Accurately follows the directives or corrections given by others.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- High energy, results oriented.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle ambiguity and nuance.
- Well organized, strong on follow-through.
- Highly motivated, self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Culturally competent
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving and process management skills (Uses rigorous logic methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; figures out the processes necessary to get things done; and knows what to produce and how to produce it).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; an effective listener and presenter (while communicating in any form, includes information that is essential to the understanding of your message/argument/point and thoroughly proofreads all written work).
- Previous experience in managing programs/projects required.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a community setting with diverse populations, including community groups, elected and non-elected policy makers, professional staff and volunteers.
- Ability to understand program metrics.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and responsibilities concurrently.
- Has an in-depth understanding of the mental health and/or substance use disorder continuum strongly preferred. Understanding of the needs and problems associated with such continuum and how to address these challenges. Thought processes center around program development and being a connector.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point. Proficiency with Power Point or other presentation software required. Innate ability to work steadily and calmly in high-pressure situations. Strong attention to detail. Initiative, follow through, sound and accurate judgment with an ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions; including appropriate people in decision-making process; and ensure timely decisions are made. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Creates strategic partnerships: Identifies recruits, engages and convenes strategic and diverse groups of stakeholders to advance the common good through Education, Income and Health.
- Implements shared initiatives: Works inclusively with individuals (target populations, public and other non-institutional partners), networks and organizations to explore shared interests and create and act on common goals, priorities and visions.’Travel throughout service area for business purposes is required. Must possess a reliable automobile, valid driver’s license.
- Acquires Resources: Develops successful proposals as investment opportunities and attracts funds, is resourceful, Can gather support, people and money required to back programs and projects that advance impact priorities.
- Identify resources (grant, foundations, etc.) support program work
- Identifies recruits, engages and convenes strategic and diverse groups of stakeholders to advance the common good through Education, Income and Health.
- Strategic Community Collaborator (connecter/partner)
- Has a friendly, personal attitude
- Big picture thinker
- Expert planning and implementation skills
- Excellent social skills/ability to connect with strangers
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Effective and engaging communicator
- Critical Thinking and Creative Problem Solver
- Awareness of partner needs
- Ambition and motivation
- Facility using social media
- Excellent research skills
- Direct marketing skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and flexible hours and long hours when appropriate
- Ability to travel to locations throughout Meridian’s service area
- Grant writing experience a plus
Click here to view the full posting and apply.
Marketing Communications Coordinator, Foresight Construction Group
We offer a dynamic team environment that values your curiosity, passion and desire to improve the lives of others.
Foresight is one of the fastest growing construction management firms in Florida with offices in Tampa, Jacksonville and Gainesville. Our company name isn’t random – it has purpose and reflects the approach we take to predict, plan and prepare for success from the start of every project. And we apply this approach to the people we hire – we plan and prepare for your success throughout your entire journey at Foresight. We focus on our people by creating growth opportunities for team members and always striving to be the best place to work.
- Coordinate internal communications
- Assist in the development and execute plans for external communications – such as maintaining the website; our blog and client newsletter; social media and media relations; and overall management of our company brand to outsourced vendors such as graphic designers, printers, freelance writers, etc.
- Manage community relations activities –you’ll be responsible for coordinating and managing the community events calendar.
- Oversee and manage trade shows and events –keep the events calendar organized, identify new opportunities that we should be participating in, coordinate branded materials needed, and ensure solid communication to all team members involved.
- Assist with proposal writing and management – this will be your opportunity to position Foresight as the winning team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a combination thereof.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to adhere to deadlines.
- Thrive on working with others and collaborating in a team environment.
Click here to view the full posting and apply.
Web Designer, Liquid Creative
Looking to work in a fun, fast-paced environment alongside a team of the most creative, interesting, and talented marketing professionals in the business? Do you know how to work hard, laugh hard, troubleshoot, and constantly think outside the box? If so, Liquid Creative could be just the place for you! Liquid Creative, a full-service marketing and advertising agency in Gainesville, Florida, is looking for an experienced and qualified Web Designer to join our team. We are seeking a creative person who can take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other aspects of web design. A successful candidate will be responsible for strategizing, implementing, and overseeing all websites and applications on behalf of Liquid Creative and our clients. We work in a fast-paced environment, so the ideal Web Designer will be able to hit the ground running as soon as we bring on a new client or project. Applicants with experience designing with other professionals will be given prime consideration.
- Designing webpage layouts
- Communicate with the Liquid team throughout project lifecycles, always keeping them apprised of project status
- Satisfy Web Maintenance Service requests and complete work-orders per SOW
- Creating backup files
- Solving code problems
- Setup and configure blogs on existing WordPress and Joomla websites
- SEO configure client websites, and perform a variety of SEO related tasks
- Perform basic graphic editing tasks as necessary; format, crop, resize images, etc.
- Perform basic server maintenance and DNS management
- Assist with internal web-related initiatives as necessary
- Know and keep up with trends and technologies in web design and development
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Experience with AngularJS, React, or Ember
- Experience with SaaS, bonus points for AWS
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON
- Experience with Gulp, Grunt, and/or Bower
- Experience with WordPress, specifically building and/or enhancing themes and templates
- Highly experienced using website Content Management Systems
- Basic experience using Joomla CMS preferred, but not required
- Advanced HTML and Advanced CSS knowledge required
- Basic PHP knowledge preferred, but not required
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator & Dreamweaver experience
- Familiarity with server cPanel strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of FTP
- Basic knowledge of SEO Standards and Principals
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources and meet deadlines
You can Expect:
- The BEST coworkers (talented, motivated, great senses of humor)
- Fun, collaborative environment
- Opportunities for professional development/continued education
- Work/life balance
- Medical benefits offered
- Paid time off
- Quarterly car detailing
- Lots of snacking
- Dog friendly environment
Come work with smart, passionate people in a fun environment that values creativity, innovation, and making an impact. This is a tremendous opportunity to join a rapidly growing agency.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline strongly preferred. Minimum of 1-year Web Design experience.
Does this sound like you? Email your resumé, cover letter, and link to your portfolio to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COMMUNICATIONS POSITIONS
Visit http://jobs.ufl.edu and enter keywords or department to find a complete job description and application information for any open communication-related positions.