A list of full-time and internship positions available for PR professionals and students is below.
Help out your fellow PR professionals and students! If you know of a public relations-related opening, please send the position description, contact information and web link OR the contact info for the recruiting organization to Sarah Coulson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organization: University of Florida
The Communications Manager is responsible for creating and managing a strategic, integrated communications plan that highlights and promotes the vision and goals of the College of Health & Human Performance. This position manages a graphic designer and is expected to work closely with representatives from the College’s three departments, as well as the College Leadership team. This position reports directly to the Dean of the College.
Serving as writer and editor for print and digital publications. This includes determining content budget, layout and structure, identifying stories of interest, conducting research and interviews, and assisting with the design and layout of the College’s print magazine and quarterly e-newsletters; designing and distributing digital communications for the College; and using analytics to measure and optimize content and design of publications.
Working closely with the college Development Team. This includes being responsible for printed materials, maintaining the giving/alumni section of the College website, and assisting with related projects that promote engagement with alumni and donors.
Assisting with several college events. Such responsibilities include managing the creation of program books, scripts, invitations and other graphic design and copywriting needs; event promotion; assisting with event logistics and planning. Events include but are not limited to Scholarship Convocation, Spring Awards, and Tailgates.
Assisting a graphic designer with maintaining, updating, editing and managing the College’s central website. Duties include overseeing the maintenance of department/center sections of the website, reviewing analytics, and making strategic changes that optimize the user experience for our primary and secondary audiences.
Overseeing the College’s Social Media/Public Relations. This involves serving as the College’s spokesperson/media liaison; writing and disseminating press releases; managing social media outreach efforts including Facebook & Twitter;tracking press mentions; and working with UF News Team.
Applicants should have:
- Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.
- Five years of appropriate experience. Bachelor of Science in journalism or related field. Strong technical and feature writing ability. Ability to multitask and meet deadlines. Demonstrated proficiency in Associated Press style and grammar.
In order to be considered for this position, a cover letter outlining experience, a current resume, and the contact information for at least 3 references must be uploaded with your online application form.
For more information regarding this position, please call Sandra Durham 352-294-1603 or email at email@example.com
POSTED: September 6, 2017
Organization: LeadingAge Florida
LeadingAge Florida, is a 501(c)(3) organization representing communities of continuing long-term care for Florida’s aging population. This trade association is seeking a communications professional to manage all aspects of the organization’s communications planning, message development, social media platforms, and message delivery to internal and external audiences. This position reports to the President and CEO of LeadingAge Florida.
Summary: This highly responsible position serves as one of the primary contacts with LeadingAge Florida’s constituents, including members (life plan communities, nursing homes, assisted living, affordable housing, home and community based care services, and business members), allied associations, legislators and staff, executive agency staff, media, and the public.
Job Qualifications: The Communications Director will have the ability to think and work independently and in a team setting to implement the communications plan of the Association. This person must possess excellent writing, public speaking, and interpersonal skills. Social media strategy and execution experience required. Association and database experience a plus. Some travel will accompany responsibilities. Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, WORD, and EXCEL and other computer software as needed. This position requires an extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, highly motivated and dependable person who will represent the Association.
Applicants should have:
- At least three to five years of professional communications experience.
- Data to show how their previous appointments and assignments benefitted their former association employers.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations or related field.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of responsibility required. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and skills required to perform the job.
To be considered for this position, please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSTED: August 30, 2017
Organization: Curley & Pynn
Summary: It’s time to stop “working” and start getting paid to do what you love. At Curley & Pynn – The Strategic Firm®, our award-winning team of creative thinkers is excited to offer you this opportunity. As a communications specialist, you can do big things in an environment that will challenge you to contribute 100 percent every day, while empowering you to succeed.
Our specialists play a critical role in the implementation of communications strategies for clients from varied industries. No two days are the same at Curley & Pynn, but there are several things you can expect to do:
- Research, research, research. It’s the bedrock of every communications plan.
- Write compelling stories about our clients, their products and services for news releases, blogs, social media posts and more.
- Publicize those stories by pitching them to news media, developing eye-catching collateral, planning and executing events, and more.
- Brainstorm new and innovative ideas that bring our strategies to life.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism or a related field.
- Overwhelming desire to grow your career.
- Writing skills stronger than the Hulk.
- Annoying obsession with details.
- No fear to call a reporter, get rejected and call again.
- Confidence to raise your hand and take responsibility for new projects.
- Penchant for to-do lists and ability to juggle.
Ideally, you’ve had some on-the-job experience and are ready for the next step in your career. Solid internships and a high level of maturity go a long way, too. Experience with graphic design and digital marketing will earn you bonus points.
What we have:
- Experienced, friendly and enthusiastic mentors who will always have your back and are invested in helping you grow.
- Long-standing relationships with some of Florida’s most well-respected organizations, including globally recognized brands.
- Generous benefits: a competitive salary, health benefits, three weeks of paid vacation time, financial support for professional development activities and reimbursement for continuing education.
- Work-hard, play-hard mentality, which often leads to cookie breaks, birthday celebrations, happy hour and more.
Interested? Email your resume, writing samples and a meaningful cover letter to Dan Ward at email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us which of the Five Steps to Professional Success you have applied on the job.
POSTED: August 29, 2017
Organization: Florida Farm Bureau Federation
Summary: Success in this full-time position requires that the employee must be a self-motivated individual who possesses the ability to write clear prose, excellent computer skills, a mastery of desktop publishing software and a sound understanding of contemporary news media. The employee must also be able to perform well within a dynamic professional office environment. The Communications Coordinator reports to the Director of Public Relations.
- Creates and posts items daily to Florida Farm Bureau Federation’s Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts
- Coordinates FFBF’s social media platforms
- Regularly creates original materials for the FFBF website (this responsibility involves research and development of original items for these platforms) and posts other items provided by PR Division personnel
- Develops the layout and design of FFBF’s e-newsletter; completes the production and distribution of the newsletter
- Monitors innovations in electronic communications and reports on these developments to the Director and the PR staff
- Compiles and designs material created by PR staff members for use by county Farm Bureau volunteers, such as tool kits for event promotions
- Serves as a staff photographer
- Serves as a staff videographer
POSTED: August 14, 2017
Marketing Communications Specialist
Description: Captozyme is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist who has experience developing communication programs and messaging across a variety of channels and audiences to serve internal and external communication needs. This team member must be able to effectively use tools and techniques to promote the organization and its products to the market, as well as assist in developing corporate communication strategies. These tools could include: content marketing; media relations and release materials; social media; website management; SEO; email marketing; paid advertising; and analytics.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or related field
- 2-4 years of marketing, communications and/or public relations experience
- Expert organizational and project management skills
- Expert communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in managing social media channels and website management systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
POSTED: July 11, 2017
Graphic Design Intern (Fall 2017)
Organization: Oelrich Construction
Fine architecture and quality craftsmanship endures for decades. The world of construction is at the convergence of digital and physical transformation. You transform a client’s dreams into drawings. Sketches into structural steel. Bricks into buildings. The 13th Street DNA-Helyx Bridge, Depot Park, and Innovation Square Roadways are just a few of the landmark projects Oelrich Construction has managed in Gainesville.
Are you searching for an opportunity to contribute to lasting legacy projects? Our team is seeking an imaginative graphic designer to take our communications collateral to the next level. You will work closely with our marketing coordinator and preconstruction division to:
- Design and assemble custom construction proposal layouts for new building projects
- Produce creative print advertising concepts and promotional materials
- Develop clean, professional template layouts for internal documents
- Assist on other collaborative projects as needed
Our ideal candidate for this Graphic Design Internship will possess:
- An eye for clean, compelling visual design
- At least 1 year of graphic design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite applications (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Ability to work independently on a variety of time-sensitive projects
- Photography or infographic experience is a plus but is not required
Schedule & Compensation:
- Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer. Interns will be compensated by the hour and will be expected to be available 15–25 hours per week.
- Interns must work from the office at least one day a week; remote work may be considered when needed. This position has the potential to extend into the spring semester.
Application Instructions: Email a brief statement of interest, resume, and 2-3 graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Oelrich Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line.
POSTED: June 27, 2017
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COMMUNICATIONS POSITIONS
Visit http://jobs.ufl.edu and enter keywords or department to find a complete job description and application information for any open communication-related positions.