A list of full-time and internship positions available for PR professionals and students is below.
Help out your fellow PR professionals and students! If you know of a public relations-related opening, please send the position description, contact information and web link OR the contact info for the recruiting organization to Sarah Coulson at email@example.com.
Organization: University of Florida College of Pharmacy
- Marketing and Recruitment:
Responsible for the development and implementation of the UF College of Pharmacy’s marketing and student recruitment strategy, including competitive analysis, goals, objectives and tactics for fiscal year planning.
Create ideas and strategies that bridge web, mobile, social and digital media, to provide solutions that drive enrollment.
Plan the approach to digital initiatives, including website development, campaigns, online search, online advertising and email marketing programs.
Report campaign performance and provide analysis of results.
Implement marketing tactics to influence national reputation.
Responsible in leading the annual marketing budget process for the UF College of Pharmacy, in collaboration with the director of communications.
Support the development, implementation and evaluation of marketing and recruitment initiatives for the college’s continuing education program.
Produce appropriate marketing tools, such as brochures, posters, direct mail, online and social advertisements, to influence prospective students and licensed pharmacists in their choice regarding where and what to study.
Work with the director of communications and UF Health marketing director to ensure clarity on overall positioning and branding of the university and effective communication of these messages through marketing tools.
Develop strong, trusting relationships with faculty and partners, providing a proactive client partnership
Meet with appropriate faculty, staff and admissions offices to discuss marketing needs, priorities and share results.
Ensure a coordinated approach to marketing and advertising efforts by working with the UF Health-approved media buying vendor for all paid media tactics.
Provide effective leadership and supervision for the marketing and communications specialist position to accomplish marketing goals for the UF College of Pharmacy
- Content Strategy:
Develop SEO-friendly web content for a wide range of users. Includes strategic key phrases placement within compelling and persuasive marketing copy, which maximizes opportunities for indexing, ranking, click-throughs and conversions.
Assist with efforts to build engaging web content for new recruits on the UF College of Pharmacy website.
Responsible for entering content on websites through a content management tool. In some cases, the role will require layout of the content following best practices, and in more advanced applications to work with an outside agency.
Cultivate and manage social media and digital presence as a recruitment strategy.
Work with UF Health Web Services team to develop and manage a sub-site or landing pages for recruitment purposes aimed at targeting prospective students, including but not limited to, effective content for search engine optimization.
Establish and implement a social media and email marketing plan, using the full marketing mix, to support the professional, graduate and online education programs, as well as the continuing pharmacy education program, with a clear focus on recruitment/conversion targets.
Work with content suppliers that are not web experts and may be unfamiliar with digital content strategy. Includes creation, tagging strategy and maintenance for ongoing consistency and accuracy.
Recommend overall site content management strategy to optimize for SEO.
Coordinates planning efforts with other department resources. Works with UF Health’s Web Services team and an outside interactive agency to define and maintain content/search capabilities.
- Reporting and Analytics:
Ensures clear measures are in place to report on agreed recruitment targets and marketing tactics that deliver them.
Supply monthly and quarterly metrics to measure success toward fiscal year goals to the UF College of Pharmacy director of communications as well as UF Health Communications and college leadership.
Audit current digital media content to identify gaps and opportunities. Leverage analytics (e.g. Google Analytics) to track and recommend strategies to improve usage, and execute on analytics/optimizer campaigns like A/B testing.
- Other Assigned Tasks:
Maintain College of Pharmacy contacts and mailing lists.
Complete required trainings.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and four years of relevant experience; appropriate college coursework may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.
Apply here by July 25, 2017
POSTED: July 13, 2017
Marketing Communications Specialist
Description: Captozyme is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist who has experience developing communication programs and messaging across a variety of channels and audiences to serve internal and external communication needs. This team member must be able to effectively use tools and techniques to promote the organization and its products to the market, as well as assist in developing corporate communication strategies. These tools could include: content marketing; media relations and release materials; social media; website management; SEO; email marketing; paid advertising; and analytics.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Bachelor’s in Marketing or related field
- 2-4 years of marketing, communications and/or public relations experience
- Expert organizational and project management skills
- Expert communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in managing social media channels and website management systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
POSTED: July 11, 2017
Marketing & Public Relations Manager
Organization: Gainesville-Alachua County Regional Airport Authority
Description: Responsible for planning and executing a wide range of marketing, public relations, corporate communications and governmental advocacy activities for Gainesville Regional Airport.
Requirements: Requires Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or a related area in addition to two years of sales/marketing or public relations work experience. Familiarity with the airline industry is a plus. Must be able to pass a fingerprint-based criminal history records check, TSA Security Threat Assessment and personal background check prior to employment. Must be able to attend meetings outside regular business hours. Valid Florida Driver’s License required.
Apply here by August 4, 2017
POSTED: July 11, 2017
Marketing and Communication Specialist
Organization: University of Florida
- Manage the editorial calendar and ensure marketing and PR efforts are integrated across owned, earned, social, and paid platforms to raise the stature of UF among all audiences. Provide project management and trafficking needs and coordinate production schedules. Coordinate with news, social media, graphic design, photography, and video teams to strategize optimal storytelling efforts. Communicate to team and management about project development, timelines, and results.
- Use media monitoring services and analytics tools to evaluate effectiveness of communications efforts. Analyze web-based advertising and promotional programs on all owned sites; monitor and evaluate social media results for compatibility with department’s goals and benchmarks. Collaborate with external partners and agencies to manage data collection and reporting by creating and managing dashboard reports from different data sources and websites. Inform appropriate administrators of media visits to campus prior to visits when possible.
- Manage all web content on microsites and UF homepage. Manage UF’s homepage calendar content.
- Manage experts and focus area databases by developing relationships with faculty and campus communicators.
- Monitor trends and recommend marketing and public relations opportunities based on department’s goals and benchmarks. Monitor and analyze developments in higher education and major issues to develop story ideas and media/marketing pitches. Review and stay current on popular culture, trends, and other data to determine new story ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree and three years of relevant experience; or an associate’s degree and five years of relevant experience.
Apply here by July 25, 2017
POSTED: July 5, 2017
Graphic Design Intern (Fall 2017)
Organization: Oelrich Construction
Fine architecture and quality craftsmanship endures for decades. The world of construction is at the convergence of digital and physical transformation. You transform a client’s dreams into drawings. Sketches into structural steel. Bricks into buildings. The 13th Street DNA-Helyx Bridge, Depot Park, and Innovation Square Roadways are just a few of the landmark projects Oelrich Construction has managed in Gainesville.
Are you searching for an opportunity to contribute to lasting legacy projects? Our team is seeking an imaginative graphic designer to take our communications collateral to the next level. You will work closely with our marketing coordinator and preconstruction division to:
- Design and assemble custom construction proposal layouts for new building projects
- Produce creative print advertising concepts and promotional materials
- Develop clean, professional template layouts for internal documents
- Assist on other collaborative projects as needed
Our ideal candidate for this Graphic Design Internship will possess:
- An eye for clean, compelling visual design
- At least 1 year of graphic design experience
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite applications (especially InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
- Ability to work independently on a variety of time-sensitive projects
- Photography or infographic experience is a plus but is not required
Schedule & Compensation:
- Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer. Interns will be compensated by the hour and will be expected to be available 15–25 hours per week.
- Interns must work from the office at least one day a week; remote work may be considered when needed. This position has the potential to extend into the spring semester.
Application Instructions: Email a brief statement of interest, resume, and 2-3 graphic design samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Oelrich Graphic Design Internship” in the subject line.
POSTED: June 27, 2017
Business Development & Marketing Director
Organization: Mitchell Gulledge Engineering, Inc.
Position Description: Mitchell Gulledge Engineering, Inc is seeking a part-time Business Development & Marketing Professional for our Gainesville, Fla. office. Mitchell Gulledge Engineering, Inc. is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering company. We offer the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients in a comfortable and relaxed environment
Responsibilities: The ideal candidates will have an interest and experience in managing client relationships, promoting business development, and generating marketing information while providing administrative leadership in a paperless office.
- Liaise with clients and business partners
- Develop and maintain new client relations
- Develop marketing material for RFQs
- Maintain social media & online presence
- Analyze Market share for growth opportunity
- Pursue RFQs in professional publications
- Maintain client continuity through project completion
- Provide prompt attention to client demands
- Manage project coordinator & admin team
- Attend professional networking events
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 5 or more years of related experience in marketing/sales
- Strong computer skills, especially related to paperless office environment
- Provide references for past work
- Provide evidence of past work products
- Proficient in Power Point and Prezi
- Proficiency and experience prioritizing multiple deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency and experience managing administrative staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven ability to communicate technical information to clients
- Self-directed and motived problem solver
- Must have ability to work unsupervised and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to be flexible in daily duties and level of responsibility
- Impeccable organizational abilities
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client need
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
POSTED: May 12, 2017
Social Media Coordinator
Organization: UF Health Web Services
Position Description: Telling stories of our doctors, their patients, and out researchers and staff – that’s at the heart of this position. The social media coordinator is responsible for telling the UF Health story on multiple platforms and in measuring and reporting those successes We’re looking for person with at least 4 years experience in managing online communities and with design and video skills.
Responsibilities: As part of the UF Health Web Services team, the Social Media Coordinator plans, produces and posts content for the flagship UF Health social media platforms and the ufhealth.org blog. Contributes to UF Health social strategy, campaign development, and develops tactics for social media managers to meet institutional goals. Trains and consults with UF Health communicators on social media best practices and emerging opportunities. Provides reports and analysis on social media effectiveness and sentiment and makes recommendations on iterative improvements in messaging.
Requirements: Requires bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations or related area and a minimum of two to three years of direct experience coordinating communications and public relations initiatives, with at least two years of experience in managing a social media platform, writing and editing for the web, and managing web content. Experience with video production preferred. Must have strong writing, editing and communications skills, knowledge of marketing communications and public relations within a diverse organization, strong organizational and planning skills, familiarity with Associated Press style, and the ability to work well with physicians, corporate executives, health care professionals and the general public.
Apply: For more information and to apply for this position, click here.
POSTED: April 20, 2017
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA COMMUNICATIONS POSITIONS
Visit http://jobs.ufl.edu and enter keywords or department to find a complete job description and application information for any open communication-related positions.